Afghanistan: 20 years of war, occupation and resistance
October 7 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm EDT
Save the date! October 7, 2021 will mark the 20-year anniversary of the start of the US-led bombing campaign of Afghanistan, which led to two decades of war and occupation. In recent weeks, the US and its allies were driven out of Afghanistan in an unprecedented defeat for US imperialism.
Join Spring socialists for a panel discussion, as we assess the impact of the war, including Canada’s 13-year mission, and nearly two decades of anti-war organizing in Canada and internationally. Topics will include:
- US imperialism, then and now
- Canada’s role in Afghanistan and the War on Terror
- What the anti-war movement accomplished, and how to rebuild it
- The ongoing fight against Islamophobia and to defend civil liberties
- Building solidarity with the people of Afghanistan
Speakers will be announced shortly. Please join and share on Facebook.
This meeting will take place on Zoom. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for Zoom registration link.